Peachtree Corners Business Association Donates to the Gwinnett County Police Foundation
The Peachtree Corners Business Association (PCBA) awarded a check for $500 to Gwinnett County Police Foundation at our July 28th PCBA Business After Hours Innovations in Community Safety Panel!
The Gwinnett County Police Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) organization that works to support key unmet public safety needs and programs by providing direct support to the Gwinnett County Police Department. The Police Foundation engages in public safety policy initiatives of the county and it provides educational and charitable services to the community and to members of the law enforcement community.
- Charitable Assistance to Families in Need - Assistance to members of the law enforcement community who are suffering financial hardship because of death, injury, illness, etc.
- Scholarships - Providing scholarships to children of members of the law enforcement community or to high school graduates seeking a criminal justice/law enforcement career.
- Safety Equipment & Programs - Providing resources for Gwinnett County Police Department equipment and programs (not currently funded through the government budget) that enhance public safety.
- Training/Education - Providing additional/supplemental professional training and education programs to department employees not currently funded through the budget of the police department.
- Community Outreach - Supporting community programs such as the Police Explorers Program and the Citizen Police Academy not currently funded through the budget of the police department.
- Awards and Recognition Program - Supporting and recognizing the valuable community contributions made by members of the police department and community.
(Pictured - Matt Childs PCBA Board, Donna Linden PCBA Board, Allison Reinert PCBA Board, Lisa Proctor PCBA Board, Major Edward Restrepo Gwinnett County Police, Officer Oscar Mancia Gwinnett County Police, and Toby Anderson PCBA Board)
“The PCBA is proud to donate a check for $500 to be used to positively impact the families of our officers and assist with critical items needed by our police force. Our Outreach Committee and Board are impressed with their mission and their ability to continue to provide safety and support in our community. With the City of Peachtree Corners and the PCBA celebrating our 10 year anniversary, we are more committed than ever to find ways to engage and bring our business community together", says Lisa Proctor, PCBA President.
Funds for the PCBA Community Outreach program are raised throughout the year from PCBA membership, sponsorship, and our annual charity event. Donations and scholarships are awarded at our monthly events so our members have the opportunity to learn more about these organizations.
About Peachtree Corners Business Association
“Where Businesses Come to Grow,” the Peachtree Corners Business Association (PCBA) is a business membership organization that focuses on innovative approaches, programs, shared resources, community outreach, and opportunities for our member businesses and professionals to connect, develop, grow, and prosper. The PCBA is made up of businesses of all sizes and types who want to expand their reach and grow their business within Peachtree Corners and the greater metro-Atlanta area.
For more information call 678-969-3385, email membership@peachtreeba.
com or visit https://www. peachtreecornersba.com