PCBA Outreach Committee
PCBA Community Outreach Overview:
The PCBA created an Outreach Committee in 2013 with a mission to support local community activities and charitable organizations throughout the year in a meaningful way. The Outreach Committee is made up of three members from the PCBA membership and reports to the PCBA Board of Directors.
The current Outreach Committee members include:
- Laura McMichael (Metro Atlanta Community Homes - Keller Williams) – Chair
- Maria Chininis (Gwinnett Medical Center Duluth)
- Bonnie Marshall (Arbonne)
The PCBA Juniors (formerly known as the Peachtree Corners Junior Civitan) are now a part of the PCBA Community Outreach program.
The PCBA is able to fund these Outreach dollars through allocating a portion of the annual membership dues and sponsorship dollars of our members and sponsors. In addition, the PCBA holds an annual fund raiser to raise additional dollars which are awarded back into our community. Each year the total dollars available to fund these donations is reviewed, approved and budgeted based on prior year’s income. As the organization continues to grow, we are committed to continue to give back to the community, representing all of our members within PCBA.
PCBA Community Outreach Request for Donations and/or Sponsorships:
All requests for donations must to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should include a description of the organization and purpose and/or use for the funds. If you are interested in learning more about the Outreach we are doing in the Community, or would like to contact the committee feel free to contact us.
PCBA Community Outreach Scholarship Program:
The PCBA created the initial $1,000 scholarship program to recognize young people (graduating Seniors at Norcross High School) who have demonstrated community spirit and initiative. It was established to raise awareness among high school students of the need to give back to the local community & school. In 2017, the Board of Directors approved adding an additional $1,000 scholarship to be awarded in 2017 for graduating Seniors who reside in Peachtree Corners, regardless of which High School they attend.
Applications must include the application form, a copy of the student's sealed, or official transcript showing cumulative GPA, an essay of 500 words or less describing why you are the best candidate for the scholarship and a separate page listing any of the following the student has been associated with, and give a brief description of your involvement:
- School Organization Affiliation
- Sports Affiliation
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Areas of Community Involvement
- Personal time donated to Charitable/Humanitarian causes
Here are the current application forms
Submissions for the applications must be submitted electronically to Outreach@peachtreecornersba.com
PCBA Community Outreach Fund Raising Event:
Each year, the PCBA hosts an annual charity, fund raising event. Details for the 2017 event will be available soon.
Organizations and Programs Supported:
Since inception in 2013, the PCBA has donated in excess of $43,000 into our local community. Historically, the PCBA has funded donations to many organizations, including the following recipients:
- American Cancer Society – Relay of Life (NHS)
- Bridges Peachtree Corners
- Christmas at Norcross Cooperative Ministry
- Christmas in the Corners / Peachtree Corners Parade
- Clean the World Foundation
- First Responders (Fire, Police, etc.)
- Furkids, Inc.
- Lionheart Theatre Company
- NHS Foundation of Excellence – After School Matters Program (ASM)
- Norcross Meals on Wheels
- Omicron Service Society (Wesleyan School)
- Paint Love (Peachtree Elementary)
- Peachtree Corners Festival
- Peachtree Corners Holiday Run (Rainbow Village)
- Peachtree Corners Veterans Monument Association
- Peachtree Station Swim & Tennis
- Scholarship at NHS (Annual)
- Simpsonwood Church Hope Ministries Outreach
- Friends of Gwinnett County Library, Inc.
- NHS Band Program
- NHS Basketball Boosters
- NHS Football
- NHS Tennis Team
- NHS Touchdown Club
- Norcross Cluster Schools Partnership
- Norcross Cooperative Ministry
- Peachtree Corners Library
- Peachtree Elementary
- Rainbow Village, Inc.
- Robert D. Fowler YMCA Programs
Annual Scholarship Winners at Norcross High School:
- 2013-14 – Jenna McEachern
- 2014-15 – Elizabeth Waid
- 2015-16 – Eliza Antonowich
If you are interested in learning more about the Outreach we are doing in the Community, or would like to contact the committee, they can be reached at: Outreach@peachtreecornersba.com